Top 5 New Year’s Eve Traditions For Financial Prosperity
New Year's Eve is just around the corner. Many of us are beginning to reflect on the past year and possibly trying to find ways to make 2021 better.
One of these ways may be improving your financial situation. Are we right? We thought so! That's why we're going to take a look at the top 5 New Years' Eve traditions for financial prosperity. No, they might not be the most practical, but various cultures swear by these methods to aid good fortune.
Check out these great traditions
1. Eat Black-Eyed Peas
In South America, many people believe that consuming black-eyed peas on New Year's Eve brings financial prosperity in the following year. You don't have to eat them alone though, you can add them to a stew to make them more palatable.
2. Wear Yellow Underwear
In Brazil, they believe that certain underwear colors represent different types of luck. So, wearing yellow underwear on New Year's Eve is said to bring you prosperity and positive energy in the year that's coming.
However, in Italy, they believe a similar thing. The only difference is that they think red underwear will bring you prosperity, instead of yellow.
3. Put Gold Jewelry In Champagne
Many countries, including the United States of America, Germany, France, and others, toast the new year with a glass of champagne. However, some people go a step further by putting gold jewelry in the glass.
Then, as midnight strikes, you would drink the champagne – avoiding the jewelry, of course – to bring wealth in the next year.
4. Smash A Pomegranate
In Greece, walking out of your front door to smash a pomegranate as soon as midnight strikes is worth the mess. Why? Because it is believed that this will bring you wealth and great fortune.
Those who take part in this New Year's Eve tradition also tend to bake a cake with a coin place inside. Then, as midnight comes around, the cake is cut. Each person in the household is given a slice and whoever is lucky enough to get the coin keeps it for the whole year. This is to again promote wealth in the coming year.
Sometimes, those following these Greek traditions will decorate their tables with honey, fresh fruit, olive branches, and nuts. It's believed that this will ensure happiness and financial prosperity in the following year.
5. Eat 12 Lucky Fruits
This is a very popular tradition in the Philippines. Throughout the new year period, people will acquire 12 round, sweet fruits. Why 12, we hear you ask? One for each month of the year!
Then, they will decorate their houses with these fruits to attract prosperity and good luck. Generally, the lucky fruits tend to be the following:
The fruits have specific months that they correlate with. If you're interested, have a look at this:
- January: pineapples symbolize prosperity and wealth
- February: Oranges symbolize gold
- March: Apples symbolize good luck and money
- April: Grapes symbolize luxury
- May: Bananas symbolize unity
- June: Mangos symbolize strong family relationships
- July: Lemons symbolize cleanliness and positive vibes
- August: Watermelons symbolize prosperity
- September: Papayas symbolize gold
- October: Lychees symbolize happiness and good fortune
- November: Avocados symbolize prosperity
- December: Pomelos symbolize good health
But What If You Encounter Hard Times?
Sometimes, as hard as you try to manifest financial prosperity, you just can't seem to acquire it. But there is something you can do to help you out if you encounter financially hard times. Maybe it's an unexpected medical bill or home repair, whatever it is, we can help you through it.
How? With Alabama title pawns to help back you up.
How Can I Get Title Pawns Near Me?
It might sound like it's hard to get your hands on this monetary aid. But we promise that it isn't. Just follow these steps and you'll be approved in no time.
- Go to our Alabama Title Loans, Inc. website.
- Fill in the form that you can find there.
- Make sure you pick up the phone when one of our loan experts calls.
- Take your driver's license – or ID card if you don't have your license to hand –, your vehicle, and your lien-free title to your nearest office.
- Sit down with one of our representatives. They'll take a quick look at your vehicle and examine your ID documents.
- If they approve your application, you'll see the money on the same day.
Yep, you can get up to $15,000 with us on the same day that you apply! Plus, you can keep your vehicle while you're paying it off and get approved even with bad credit. It seriously could not be simpler!
Make your New Year’s Eve prosperous and fortunate with the following traditions.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.