How High Dental Costs Affect Alabama Residents
Without enough cash in an emergency fund, high dental costs can mean depleting your bank account and missing bill payments. Whether you require gum disease treatment, fillings, dentures, or an extraction, a visit to the dentist can set you back hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars. Luckily, you aren't alone; you don't have to struggle to fund dental work.
In the subsequent sections, we'll uncover the average, sometimes-extortionate costs of dental treatments in the state and how you can ensure they don't destroy your bank account.
Average Dental Costs In Alabama
No matter the work you need, it'll come with a price. On average, you can expect to pay the following per treatment:
- Check-ups, cleaning, and x-rays — $200 to $400
- Implants and crowns — $3,000 to $6,000
- Root canal — $700 to $1,300
- Crown — $800 to $1,500
- Whitening — $300 to $500
- Veneers — $700 to $1,500 per tooth
- Bridge — $2,000 to $6,000
- Gum disease treatment — $600 to $1,000
- Fillings — $100 to $400 per tooth
- Dentures — $1,000 to $2,500 each
- Braces and other straightening treatments — $3,000 to $10,000
- Gum graft — $600 to $1,200
- Extraction with exam and x-ray — $300 to $600
As you can see, these costs rack up quickly, making it near-on impossible for low- to medium-income families to afford them.
How To Pay For High Dental Costs
While saving for the worst-case scenario is ideal, if a tooth-related emergency occurs before you've accrued enough money, try the top five funding options below:
1. Find A Low-Cost Clinic
Most people aren't aware of their area's low-cost clinics, but they certainly exist. Each clinic comes with different qualification requirements that determine the amount you'll pay.
The process is simple — look for charities offering assistance, call the low-cost clinics, fill out an application, and receive the treatment!
2. Ask For A Payment Plan
Most dental practices (especially private ones) offer payment plans to help you cover dental expenses. Depending on the clinic you received treatment from, the payment plan might not add interest to your total, making it an extremely attractive way to pay.
Alternatively, you could consider enrolling in a dental discount plan or membership. It significantly reduces the costs of necessary oral treatment. Just keep in mind that you will pay a monthly membership fee to receive the discounts at participating clinics.
It's advantageous over dental insurance because you don't have to wait to use it (or pay upfront and receive your insurance claim months later). You can start getting the discounts you deserve as soon as your membership activates.
Plus, the discount plans aren't capped. Therefore, you can save a jaw-dropping amount of money should you ever need intensive dental care.
3. Use A Grant For Dental Work
Alabama residents can access grants to cover dental costs. Programs are funded by federal, state, and local governments, giving you plenty of options.
They'll offer grants to low-income, underserved, and needy people to ensure they can afford essential dental work. Sometimes, you can even access free treatments from the Donated Dental Services (DDS) program.
4. Get Dental Work From Students
Dental students need experience treating real patients before graduating and becoming licensed dentists. Therefore, plenty of dental schools allow people to sign up to receive dental services from students at a considerably reduced price.
If you're worried about receiving treatment from a student, don't be; they are supervised by licensed, experienced dentists. You're in more than capable hands.
5. Use An Online Title Loan
Finally, you can get a title pawn from us. We use the value of your vehicle to lend between $300 and $15,000 regardless of your credit score.
Here's our easy-to-follow process; it takes just half an hour:
- Complete the online form found on this website.
- Sit back and wait for one of our loan representatives from your local Alabama Title Loans, Inc. to give you a call. They'll tell you about the process, ensure you have the required items, and answer your questions. At this stage, you'll also decide whether you want to meet at your local store or a more convenient location.
- Wherever you decide to meet, head there with your driver's license (or another kind of state-issued identification), a vehicle for inspection, and your lien-free vehicle title.
- Upon arrival, one of our loan associates will greet you and assess your documents before conducting a quick five-minute inspection of your vehicle to decide whether you qualify.
- If you gain approval, you will complete the process by signing a few documents alongside the loan representative.
- Finally, you will receive the money you need on the same or the very next day.
Get An Online Title Loan To Fund Your Dental Costs Today!
Dental work can be prohibitively expensive. If you don't qualify for low-cost clinics or grants, you can pay dental costs with our easy-to-access online title pawns. Begin the process by filling out our online inquiry form now!
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.