Is Your Electric Bill Really High This Month? Here’s How to Pay for It
Month to month, we all have to deal with electric bills. But at times, you may find yourself answering "yes" to the "is your electric bill really high this month?" question. This can put you in a pretty sticky financial situation.
It’s your lucky day that you came across this article, as you'll find proven ways, such as an online payday loan, to pay for an unexpectedly high electric bill here.
But first, let's talk about why you could possibly have your electric bill really high this month.
Why Is Your Electric Bill Really High This Month?
If you want to learn how to cover the bills that are unexpectedly high, it’s a good idea to learn what causes them to be high in the first place. We’ve come up with a list of possible reasons for why anyone could have electric bills really high at any point.
1. Your Use of Vampire Appliances
Vampire appliances are the electric devices that use power even when they are turned off. Things like computers, TVs, DVRs, and similar products go into standby mode when you push the power button, but they do not turn off completely unless you disconnect them from the outlet.
Sure, keeping vampire powers working is quite comfortable. It ensures everything starts up almost immediately as soon as we are ready to push that power button again to turn them on. But they do leech your electricity and can make your electric bill really high.
2. Misusing Ceiling Fans and Lights
Ceiling fans manipulate the temperature in a room. So, if nobody is in the room, they should be turned off. Sure, we all know this, but how many of us do turn the fans off when leaving the house?
The same applies to ceiling lights, as we often misuse them reasoning that they help change the brightness level in the whole room. But we shouldn't utilize them in this way.
Lighting is only efficient when it's used to provide direct light to certain areas. For instance:
- Task light for working at a desk
- Above couches for reading
- Over kitchen tables for dinners and meal conversations
Misusing ceiling fans and lights can contribute to your electric bill increase, while minimizing their use can help you save more money.
3. Using Old Appliances
Old appliances are far less energy efficient than the newer models. Thus, they utilize more power than today's more environmentally friendly appliances.
Yes, a retro fridge might fit with your home design. But it certainly doesn't look nice coming out of your bank at the end of the month.
4. Constant Device Charging
These days, almost everything needs a charge. From laptops to portable game systems, from iPads to cell phones, most things have to be plugged into an outlet at some point or another.
If you keep these devices plugged in, they will continuously suck your electricity and make you more susceptible to your current "why is my electric bill really high?" question.
Here's How to Pay for Your Electric Bill When It's Really High
Now that you understand why your electric bill is more than usual, let’s talk about what you can do about it. Below, you'll find our top 3 ways to get the cash you need to settle the bill.
1. Try Agreeing on a New Payment Plan
When you're suffering from an electric bill really high, you should try to negotiate a new payment plan that is more helpful to your situation. Talk to your energy provider to see what they can do. It might not be worth it for you to switch, but it's always an option.
2. Find a Side Hustle
If you can't do anything about your payment plan, you could start a side business to pay the increased bill. Anything from selling an online course to crafting or starting a blog to getting a part-time sales job will work.
But if you don't have that much time to wait, you'll need the third option.
3. Online Payday Loans in Alabama
Payday loans are short-term financial solutions that were designed to tide you over until your next paycheck. This type of loan should be used for emergencies, such as:
- Fixing your car
- Repairing residential storm damage
- Paying for medical bills
- And of course, funding unexpectedly ginormous electric bills!
Our process is incredibly simple and takes around 30 minutes. All types of credit are welcome, and if approved, you’ll be issued the loan on the same day you apply. Follow the steps below to get online payday loans in Alabama.
How to Get Our Online Payday Loans in Alabama
- Fill out the short inquiry form on our website.
- Pick up the phone when one of our loan associates calls you. They will tell you about the process. It's worth asking any questions you have at this point. You’ll be also scheduled an appointment with a verification agent at a place of your choice, and one of our agents will drive there to deliver your loan documents.
- Take your social security card, state-issued identification, 30-day bank statement, most recent pay stub, and a blank check from your checking account to your meeting with our agent.
- One of our loan experts will verify your paperwork and determine if you qualify for the loan as well as how much you qualify for.
- Once you're approved, you'll complete the process with the help of the loan associate.
- Leave with your cash on the same day.
Get Online Payday Loans in Alabama Today!
Now you know what to do when your electric bill is really high. So, get in touch with Alabama Title Loans, Inc. today to get fast funding for urgent financial hiccups. Call us today for more information or fill out an online inquiry form on our website!
To learn more about handling emergency expenses, read our other financial emergency articles.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.