Disabled? Need Help Paying Bills? Learn How to Find Help During The COVID-19 Pandemic
August 18, 2021 | Louis Tully
The COVID-19 pandemic has posed special challenges for people with disabilities—taking a toll on their physical health and causing emotional and financial stress. If you or your family member is going through this hardship, the information below can help. So, keep reading to learn more about existing financial assistance opportunities out there, and how you can benefit from a title pawn online in Alabama.
How COVID-19 Has Affected The Disabled Who Need Help Paying Bills
Limited Access to Health Programs
When the pandemic led to global lockdowns and community quarantines, those with disabilities were unable to get proper medical care. This included physical therapy or speech therapy sessions, homeopathic pain management such as acupuncture, or other specialized programs. If the clinic you used to go to has closed or has shortened its operating hours, talk to your physician about more convenient alternatives. Are there exercises you can do at home?
Also reach out to your disability community, which has been very active in supporting each other during the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizations created information sheets, webinars, video tutorials and other free materials to support persons with disabilities, and their relatives and caregivers.
Everyone struggled with the emotional effects of being stuck at home the whole day. But for many persons with disabilities, the repercussions were even greater. What if they need someone to help them move around? What if the socialization is part of their therapy, such as children with special needs?
To add to this, social isolation can also trigger or heighten anxiety and depression—and all its physical effects, such as insomnia, high blood pressure, panic attacks, etc.
What You Can Do
Find ways to connect to people, either through online communities, or video calls with friends and relatives. Since it’s harder to find physical support, the emotional support becomes even more important.
Scientists are still doing research on whether or not some types of disabilities increase the risk for COVID-19. However, there are some conditions (or even some types of medications) that can compromise the immune system and increase your risk for “co-morbidities” or health issues that can make any COVID-19 infection potentially fatal. This includes high blood pressure and diabetes.
What You Can Do
Do what you can to improve your health and strengthen your immune system: stick to a proper diet, exercise, have enough sleep.
Financial Assistance Options for Disabled Who Need Help Paying Bills
Many people with disabilities lost their jobs during the pandemic. But when the disabled need help paying bills, what options are available?
1. Government Assistance
- Veteran disability compensation. This offers financial aid for people who were disabled during active duty. The program fast-tracks approval especially for those who are deemed 100% disabled. This is great news for the disabled who need help paying bills.
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program. When the disabled need help paying bills for heating and cooling, this program can be a great deal. You can apply for it through your local government office.
2. Community Programs
Local churches have limited resources, but they will do what they can for the disabled in need of help paying bills. They may also be able to connect you to people or organizations.
Another option to consider if you’re disabled and need help paying bills, is to look into the disability communities and associations. Contact your specific community about where to get medical subsidies, or organizations that offer part-time work.
4. Emergency Loans for Disabled Who Need Help Paying Bills
For urgent medical expenses or other financial emergencies, people with disabilities can also apply for an instant online title pawn.
What Is a Title Pawn?
A title pawn is a loan where you use your vehicle title as collateral. You can use a car, truck or van to apply to one. The title must be in your name and lien-free (which means that there are no other loans or outstanding judgements against it).
With Alabama Title Loans, Inc., you can borrow up to $15,000, depending on your vehicle type and condition. You do not need to be employed or have a high credit score in order to qualify.
How to Get an Instant Online Title Pawn
Alabama Title Loans, Inc. also offers instant online title pawn service. It is the easiest, most convenient application process, especially for people with limited mobility.
- Get Started online. You do not need to go to an office and line up just to inquire. Just find a short inquiry form on our website and fill it out. Someone from the office will call you back shortly to explain more about the process and requirements as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Prepare the requirements. All you need to apply for an instant online title pawn is a state-issued ID like a driver’s license, your lien-free vehicle title, and your vehicle inspection.
- Submit requirements. You can either go to the nearest title pawn location (Alabama Title Loans, Inc. has multiple locations throughout the state) or arrange to meet up with the loan representative at a more convenient place for you. The loan representative will verify your documents and check the vehicle to determine the loan amount you qualify for. It takes less than 30 minutes!
- Get the money. If you are approved for your Alabama title pawn, you will receive your cash either the same or next business day (bank delays may apply).
Submit Your Inquiry Today!
Alabama Title Loans, Inc’s instant online title pawn allows anyone to apply for emergency cash. Unemployment, low credit score, or any physical limitations that would make it difficult to go to an office or get documents should NOT be a factor. Contact us to find out more about how you can get an instant online title pawn by calling us at 800-514-2274 or submit your inquiry online to get started!