Can I Get an Alabama Title Pawn If I Already Have Debt?
An Alabama title pawn allows you to borrow between $300 and $15,000, depending on the value of your vehicle, to fund emergencies like medical bills or veterinary fees for your furry friend.
Amazingly, you don't need a fantastic credit score to gain approval, and you can still qualify with existing debt. However, it depends on the type of debt you face.
In this article, we'll dive deeper into whether you can get a title pawn in Alabama with debt, the other requirements, and how to get one.
Can You Get An Alabama Title Pawn When You Already Have Debt?
We'll make one thing ultra-clear now — yes, you can get Alabama title pawns when you already have debt. However, this only applies if the debt doesn't use your car, truck, or van as collateral. For instance, you can't get another title pawn if you already have an existing title pawn.
What Kind Of Debt Will Still Keep Me Qualified?
Debts like mortgages, student loans, and other personal loans allow you to get a title pawn on top of that. But if you don't own your vehicle outright (i.e., you are in debt to the manufacturer or auto dealership), you can't get a title pawn because there will be a lien already on your title document.
One of the significant requirements for an auto pawn is a lien-free title, which you will have if you own your vehicle outright with no outstanding judgments against it. We place a lien on your vehicle's title to secure the loan and remove it once you've repaid the total amount.
So, you can get a title pawn in Alabama with debt as long as your car isn't used as collateral for it.
Can I Keep Using My Vehicle While Repaying The Title Pawn?
Yes! You can still use your vehicle while you're repaying the title pawn! We won't ever ask you to impound the car or cease use during the term. As long as you stick to the repayment schedule, you will retain use of your vehicle for the entire time.
What Do You Need To Get An Alabama Title Pawn?
Now you know that you can get a title pawn in your state while having other debts, let's look at the requirements.
At Alabama Title Loans, Inc., you don't need a great credit score; we simply require the three things below:
- State-issued identification — It's probably easier to use your driver's license to settle this part of the requirements. However, feel free to use your passport, passport card, military dependent's ID card, student ID card, or military service-member ID card instead. Anything you use should be in-date and display your name, date of birth, and portrait. After all, we need to match the name to the face and age!
- Lien-free vehicle title — As you already know, we require a lien-free vehicle title to secure your pawn.
- Vehicle — Your car, truck, or van determines the amount of money we can offer you. Please note that we don't accept other types of vehicles like motorcycles, tractors, boats, trailers, or RVs.
It's also worth noting that we don't run hard credit inquiries. So, you won't need to worry about your credit score being affected by taking out a title loan while you already have debt.
How To Get An Alabama Title Pawn
With all that in mind, you'll be pleased to know our process is wonderfully straightforward. Follow the steps below to get an Alabama title pawn from us:
- Complete the online title pawn inquiry form. It won't take longer than five minutes as we only request essential information. Although, always double-check your answers to ensure complete accuracy.
- After that, we'll give you a call to discuss everything. Please have your phone handy, as we'll call you quickly upon receiving your initial inquiry. At this stage, we'll ask you to choose a location for your face-to-face meeting. You don't have to come to your local Alabama Title Loans, Inc. store; we're more than happy to go to your home or workplace.
- Following the telephone conversation, gather everything you need to qualify, so you're ready for the meeting.
- At the appointment, we will assess your documents and evaluate the worth of your vehicle to establish the amount of money you qualify for.
- If you are satisfied with the proposed dollar amount, we will request your signature on several forms.
- The last step is receiving your money! We try to release the funds on the same day as your application. But you can rest assured you'll receive the money on the next business day if the processing doesn't run quite as quickly as hoped.
Get An Alabama Title Pawn Right Away!
You can apply and gain approval for an Alabama title pawn with already-established debt as long as your current loans don't affect your car's, van's, or truck's lien-free status.
If you need to fund an emergency like vet fees, home repairs, or medical bills, complete the online form, and we'll be in touch to guide you through the process.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.